Welcome to the National Association of Independent Reviewing Officers.
Nairo is the professional national Association for independent reviewing officers. We represent the interests of IROs and the children we seek to serve
Our primary aim is to improve outcomes for looked after children in England and Wales by maximising the positive impact of the reviewing process. The ways we will do this include
- strengthening the profile and understanding of the role of the IRO
- influencing the legal and policy framework for looked after children through our campaigning work and by working with other agencies and partners in the sector
- developing measures to support IROs and to improve IRO practice
- commissioning/providing high quality training for IROs
NAIRO is a Charitable Incorporated Organisation that registered with the Charity Commission on 19th November 2014. Charity No: 1159275
NAIRO is governed by a Board of 12 Trustees who are elected annually to the membership.
To find out more about becoming a Trustee of NAIRO or helping the work of the organisation in any please contact us.
- Become part of a supportive “IRO community”
- Access our online forum where members share ideas
- Influence law policy and practice
- Access a library of essential documents for IROs
- Attend at our annual conference and other events at reduced fee