Date(s) - 13/11/2018
9:30 am - 4:00 pm
The course will take place in Manchester. The actual venue is not yet decided but will be communicated to applicants as soon as it is settled.
Course starts at 10.00am
Ends at 4.00pm
The course will cover the following topics
- Exploration of the element of challenge in the IRO role and its justification
- Legal framework underpinning the IROs power and duty to challenge
- Dispute resolution processes and resolving differences at an early stage
- The role of CAFCASS
- Cases that go to court
- Case examples of challenge – group discussion and exercises
- Support for IROs who challenge
- Risks to IROs of challenging and how to mitigate those risks
Jon Fayle, Vice Chair of NAIRO and a working IRO, and other experienced IROs
Who is the Training For?
Primarily the training will be for IROs. Others who work with children in care, and have an interest in the topic are also welcome.
Cost and Booking a Place
£99 for NAIRO members, and £140 for non members. Please book through the Eventbrite link above. Please contact Michelle Safo at firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any problems with the booking process.