The National Association of Independent Reviewing Officers came into being on March 6th 2009, when an Inaugural General Meeting adopted the constitution, and appointed a provisional committee. From the outset the annual membership fee was set at £15. In September 2011 the Committee decided that from 1st January 2012 the annual subscription fee will be raised to £20.
The purpose of the Association is as follows:
To improve outcomes for looked after children in England, Wales and the Channel Islands, by maximising the positive impact of the reviewing process. The ways that this purpose will be achieved may include:
- Strengthening the understanding and recognition of the role of the IRO;
- Influencing the legal and policy framework for looked after children and the reviewing process at national and local level;
- The development of a code of practice for IROs;
- The promotion of high standards for the reviewing process for looked after children; and
- The development/commissioning/provision of high quality training for IROs.
NAIRO has two levels of membership:
Membership (open to all Independent Reviewing Officers)
- We believe it is in the interests of all IROs to join the association, to enjoy the benefits of a strengthened voice to influence policy and practice, the development and enhancement of high standards of practice, and the promotion of training
- Associate membership of the association is available at the same subscription, to people who are not practicing IROs, but who share the aims and objectives of the association. Associate members will have most of the benefits of full membership. IRO managers are an obvious group who may wish to have associate membership. There may be others, for example those who are involved in reviewing activity of a different but related nature.
Please choose Membership option below to transfer you to the PayPal payments page.
Note: Payment is required before membership is activated. You will be required to complete a membership form once payment transaction is confirmed.