The National Association of Independent Reviewing Officers came into being on March 6th 2009.
The purpose of the Association is as follows:
To improve outcomes for looked after children in England, Wales and Channel Islands, by maximising the positive impact of the reviewing process. The ways that this purpose will be achieved may include:
- Strengthening the understanding and recognition of the role of the IRO
- Influencing the legal and policy framework for looked after children and the
- eviewing process at national and local level
- The development of a code of practice for IROs
- The promotion of high standards for the reviewing process for looked after children
- The development/commissioning/provision of high quality training for IROs
We do hope you decide to join. The more of us there are, the stronger our voice!
The Benefits of Membership
There are many important benefits that NAIRO brings to its members.
- Being part of an “IRO community”, which offers support, encouragement and advice for all our members
- Access to our online forum where members share ideas about improving practice and overcoming common difficulties
- The opportunity to influence law policy and practice and to participate in the campaigns that NAIRO conducts
- Access to a library of essential documents for IROs, including relevant law regulations and guidance, latest research about IRO practice and children in care, relevant court judgements and good practice documents
- Attendance at our annual conference and other events at a significantly reduced fee
How to Join
Please choose your membership type below. You will be asked to pay via Paypal ( you don't need a Paypal account) then will be sent an email to complete your registration.
Joining through PayPal is currently under construction. Please check back soon.